Wouldn’t your Mondays be infinitely better with a sweet treat? Yes, yes they would. 🙂
Here is my first baking recipe for my blog!
I was bored one Sunday afternoon. So I went into my kitchen, opened my pantry and found the left over white chocolate chip which I bought for making strawberry fudge (for which the recipe will be uploaded soon 🙂 ). I heard a voice in my head saying “take it and finish it off for god sake!”. But I don’t want to eat it as is. So I came up with the idea of making something. So after good few seconds of pinteresting I came up with this recipe White Chocolate Macadamia Nuts Cookies and her pictures looked delicious. I tried this substituting with cashew nuts as I had no macadamia nuts at home. And tada.. Here is my mouth watering white chocolate chip cashew nut cookies. You should definitely try it. I m sure you will not regret.
It should be crispy on the outside and soft and chewy inside.
I thought the original recipe would be too much for two of us. So I reduced the ingredients by half.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- a pinch baking soda
- a pinch baking powder
- a pinch teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbl butter, melted
- ½ cup packed golden brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup roughly chopped cashew nuts plus more to press into dough
- ½ cups white chocolate chips plus more to press into dough
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl then set aside. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla with a mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just mixed. Stir in the cashew nuts and white chocolate chips by hand. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges look golden brown.
- Crisp on the edges and soft and chewy in the center.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 4-5 minutes (so cookies can set) before moving to a rack. Enjoy.