Chocolate chip coffee muffin is a variety of muffin with coffee as the base flavor. It is one of my most recent recipes that I had tried.
Coffee is my HB’s favorite drink and hence this chocolate chip coffee muffin has become one of his favorite dessert as well 🙂 Chocolate chip coffee muffin is very easy to make and involves minimal ingredients. I am pretty sure that all the coffee lovers out there will enjoy this muffin. Though the muffin does not have the exact coffee taste, it has a touch of coffee flavor in it making it far tastier.
Chocolate chip coffee muffin can be had as a breakfast muffin (serving the dual purpose of having coffee and a muffin :)) So all the coffee lovers and general food lovers, try this wonderful muffin at your home and let me know your thoughts.
- Butter, softened - ½ cup
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Coffee extract (McCormicks) - 1 teaspoon
- Eggs - 2
- Flour - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Milk - ½ cup
- Strong brewed coffee, cooled - ½ cup
- Miniature chocolate chips, semisweet – ½ cup
- For the Glaze
- Powdered sugar - ¾ cup
- Brewed coffee, cooled - 4 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the extract and eggs and beat again.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt).
- Stir together the milk and cooled coffee.
- Add the flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the creamed butter until it is all combined. Do not over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 muffin liners ¾ full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile stir together the powdered sugar and coffee until dissolved. Dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze and let set. Enjoy!